Friday, November 2, 2012

A Toast - Aug 2012

Dear Jeremy & Carisa,

Thank you so much for inviting us to be with you on Saturday. Thank you for the comfortable bed and fun times in your awesome home. Thanks for including us in your family. The whole experience was nearly perfect. 

My only lament is that I didn’t get a chance to publically toast you on the special occasion. I’m constantly showered with compliments when I am among the Hackworths and I haven’t perfected a graceful response to all the praise. Additionally, I haven’t yet mastered the ability to adequately return the expression of love to you and your family. 

Behind the shelter of my computer I will attempt the salute I missed when we were together.

My friends have been among my most cherished blessings in my life. Lance taught me how to work, Tom, how to bike, and Justin K., how to shoplift. No, Kaaiakamanu taught me vital lessons about business and friendship. Who would I be without these influences? 

But Jeremy, you have truly changed me. You are a missionary of music. Roy Clark inspired me to learn guitar, Roberta Boice taught me the chords, but you, You converted me to the gift of music that has become part of my foundation as a person – my self esteem, my passion for life, and even the ability to lure Beth into my life are the result of your influence. I would truly be upside-down without this amazing gift. There is a bond created from so many hours reading each other’s fingers on the fretboard and finding harmony to each other’s voice. 

Carisa, thank you for being a part of my friend’s return into my (our) life. It is as though you’ve been here all along­– an old friend that I’ve finally met. What a great companion you make – to Jeremy and the rest of us.

There, I’ll stop to keep this medium in length. Here’s to Jeremy & Carisa & their wonderful kids!

Love,
Gheen


Gheen, 

That was so beautiful...thank you for that toast. Your whole family means so much to us!
xo. C

Gheen. 

Thanks for the wonderful toast. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond but I couldn't finish it as every time I got to the part about Justin K, I would drop my phone laughing. 
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment