Friday, November 2, 2012

It's the BIG 70! 12-27-2010

He's been in 7 bishoprics, now 8, as he was just called to be the first counselor in the branch presidency in Guangzhou, China.  He has served three missions, 1 to the Great Lakes, 2 in St. George at the family history center.  He taught writing and Freshmen English for 32 years at Ricks College, BYU/Idaho.  He sold guitars and books.  He loves to fish, play guitar, write, go ATVing, play chess.  He's a great listener and loves to learn about people.  He can make fish, soup, stir fry, and hamburgers taste very delicious.  He's a gardener and loves trees, plants, green growing things.  He has written extensively, including developing software for his classes, as well as poems, songs, essays, music and two books on early pioneers.  He was right there when computers became big and jumped on that bandwagon early on.  He has built a home, beautified several yards, lifted up a two-car garage, in other words, he's superman.  He has taught his children to love and appreciate the great outdoors.  He has served his neighbors in every community where he has lived.  He has five outstanding/wonderful children, 13 grandchildren, and one wife.

And, now at 70 he said to me one day as we walked to the classroom to teach Chinese students, "I'm too old to be doing this!"

Not so, young man, not so!

Happy Birthday, dear Allen!  Here's to many more - your father is alive at 95; your birth father lived to be 97, so you've got a long way to go!  In fact, maybe next year, we should head to Africa!  Love, Loni

I'm in OR 23 reading this and now with tears in my eyes. Man do I love my dad. People are going to wonder why anesthesia is so sad. 

I'm so proud of you dad! You know how to live- and you are such an amazing example. 

I love you long time. 
-#4

Sent from my fruit phone
Kristi
Happy birthday dad! Wish I was there to give you a big birthday hug. I love you.
Jordan

Happy Birthday, dad. I love you and look forward to being with you again.
jh

Hey, it is only December 26 here.  I was telling someone it was his birthday tomorrow.  So, it is early here--late there. I'm 9 1/2 years older than you are.  Monte turned 79 last Friday.  Yes, I am older than he is.

HappBirthdaAllen,dear .  

Love from Monte and Eunice

No comments:

Post a Comment